Aleppo, Syria− As the western powers discuss the repercussions of the military campaign carried out by the Syrian pro-regime forces against the city of Aleppo, air force helicopters re-bombed the city with rockets and explosive barrels.
Ismail Aziz, a human rights activist based in the city of Aleppo, told ARA News that five civilians were killed on Tuesday as a result of artillery shelling launched by pro-regime forces on the Maadi district of Aleppo, causing large damage in residential buildings. The regime attacked the district from its headquarters at the military airport of al-Nairab.
“The helicopters bombed the Maadi district by explosive barrels,” Aziz said.
Meanwhile, neighbourhoods of Hanano, al-Shaar, and Marja in Aleppo city were exposed to a similar strike on Tuesday.
Earlier on Monday, the regime’s forces bombed the city of Aleppo by at least 31 explosive barrels, killing dozens of civilians, and injuring many others who were transferred to field hospitals in several neighbourhoods in the city.
In the meantime, media sources pointed out to the intention of the pro-regime forces to prepare approximately 600 explosive barrels to be dropped on the city of Aleppo and its countryside.
Dozens of families, particularly in the eastern neighbourhoods of the city (controlled by opposition), are displaced as fears increased of dropping explosive barrels on the area.
On the other hand, the Turkish authorities re-opened al-Salam border crossing with Syria, after it was closed on Monday morning. They announced their readiness to reopen the roads on Tuesday in order to facilitate movement of people and trucks.
Reporting by: Haya al-Abdullah
Source: ARA News
For the latest news follow us on Twitter
Join our Weekly Newsletter