DAMASCUS – The Russian Defense Ministry summoned Tuesday military attaches of the U.S., NATO countries and Saudi Arabia to explain allegations that Moscow has been bombing civilians in Syria instead of radicals of the Islamic State (ISIS).
“The attaches were asked either to give evidences on their statements or refute what has been stated,” Russian Deputy Defense Minister Anatoly Antonov said in a statement.
Antonov said these countries must justify what he described as “outrageous accusations” claimed by Western media that Russian fighter jets had bombed civilian targets, including hospitals and schools in Syria.
He went further that such reports are part of an attack on Russia’s anti-terror policy in Syria.
“This move comes to put more pressure on Russia by Western media and officials of the U.S. Secretary of State John Kerry, Defense Secretary Ashton Carton, NATO’s Secretary-General, Jens Stoltenberg and the U.K.’s Defense Secretary Michael Fallon,” he added.
Last week, several reports showed a field hospital has been destroyed by Russian airstrikes, which killed civilians, in northwestern Syria. The reports were provided by the Syrian Observatory for Human Rights. Other reports have claimed this was the third hospital to be targeted by Russian jets since the start of Moscow’s bombing campaign last month.
Reporting by: Resho Issa
Source: ARA News
For the latest news follow us on Twitter
Join our Weekly Newsletter